To schedule a PC/copier-fax/browsing appointment:
Call 856-234-7319 - Option 4 during operating hours.
Text/Chat: 856-878-2275 (Appt. must be confirmed)
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Appt. must be confirmed)
Appointments cannot be made in person.
- All customers visiting the library must wear a mask at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance between themselves and others. Failure to comply will result in immediate expulsion.
- Please comply with staff instructions. Failure to comply will result in immediate expulsion.
- In-person staff assistance with all available services will be limited. There will be no interaction between customers and staff from less than six feet of distance.
- Late customers will not receive extended time. Appointments will be forfeited after 15 minutes.
- One hour appointments can be made up to one week ahead, within the following times. Customers are allowed one appointment per person, per day, two appointments per week.
Mon. – Wed.
Thurs. - Fri.
5 one hour slots per time, for:
- Browsing (2 slots)
- Self-serve copier/fax/shredder
- Unfilled slots are available for same-day appointments, on a first-come, first-served basis. Regardless, customers are strongly encouraged to make an appointment.
- When you make an appointment, please disclose if anyone will be accompanying you into the building, child or adult. You may only bring one other person for a computer/copier appointment. Browsing appointments may include a group of up to 3. Groups should stay together. If a person visits as a guest during a customer’s appointment, that guest cannot make their own appointment later that day, nor can the appointment-maker enter again.
- A library card is not required for an appointment or to use the computers. All customers receive a guest pass for their visit to allow for computer use. A library card is required to check out items. Self-checkout is strongly encouraged.
- Please bring change or small bills to pay for printing. If using the fax machine, please remember to bring a credit or debit card. Credit card payments for library fees is preferred.
- No food or drink is allowed in the building.
Services not available for customers visiting the library:
- In-person reference or e-reader assistance
- Community spaces or Group Study Room
- Tutoring and public reading areas