Museum Passes at Mount Laurel Library
Sponsored by the Friends of Mount Laurel Library
Reserve a pass:
List of Museums and Gardens:
Academy of Natural Sciences - Admits 2 adults and 5 children
African American Museum in Philadelphia - Admits 6
Air Victory Museum - Admits 6
Battleship NJ - Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children
Camden Children's Garden - Admits 6 people.
Elmwood Park Zoo - Admits 2 adults and 6 kids. The pass provides a 10% discount in the nature shop and on food purchases throughout the zoo.
Garden State Discovery Museum: Admits 6 people and will entitle you to a 15% discount in their Discovermore Toy Store
Grounds for Sculpture - Admits 4 people
Guggenheim Museum - Admits 4 adults. Children under 12 are free
Independence Seaport Museum - Admits 2 adults and 4 children
MoMA - The Museum of Modern Art: Admits 5 adults. Children 16 and under are free. 10% discount at the on-site MoMA store
Morris Arboretum - Admits 2 adults and up to 4 children
Mutter Museum - Admits 4 people
National Constitution Center - Admit 2 adults and 4 children
National Liberty Museum - Admits 6 people and will entitle you to a 10% discount in the museum gift shop
National Museum of American Jewish History -Admits 2 adults and all people under 21 in the same household.
New Jersey State Parks - Admits one car and its occupants
New York Transit Museum - Admits two adults and up to two children
Paws Farm - Admits 6 people
Penn Museum of Archeology and Anthropology -Admits 2 adults and all children under 18
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts - Admits 2 adults and four children under the age of 18
Roebling Museum - Admits two adults and all children in a household under 18
Wheaton Arts - Admits 2 adults and all children under 18
Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge - Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children
Museum Pass Guidelines:
Who can check out a museum pass?
All adult Mount Laurel Library full-service cardholders, in good standing and over 18 years old, are eligible to check out a museum pass. Passes are on a first come, first served basis. Customers can have one pass out at a time.
How do I reserve a pass?
Passes can be reserved by calling the Circulation Desk at 856-234-7319 and pressing 3. After April 10, you may reserve online.
Is there a charge to reserve a pass?
There is no charge.
How many passes can I reserve a day/a month?
One museum pass can be reserved per day per card. Each museum can be reserved one time per month, and up to five different museums can be reserved in a calendar month.
How far in advance can I reserve a pass?
Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance.
How do I get the pass?
- Passes may be picked up at the library’s Circulation Desk beginning at 3PM the day prior to the reserved date and must be returned by 11AM the day after. For example: if the reserved date is Friday, the pass can be picked up beginning at 3PM on Thursday through closing on Friday and returned by 11AM on Saturday.
- Passes that are due on Sundays need to be returned by 12PM, when the library opens.
- If the library is closed on the pass’s due date, the pass will be due by 11AM the next day the library is open.
- Exception: The New York passes—Guggenheim and MoMA—allow for two days of use. For example, a customer reserving the Guggenheim pass for Saturday will also have it for that Sunday, and the pass will be due back Monday
- Exception: Grounds for Sculpture will accept a digital copy from your device. If you have a reservation for the Grounds for Sculpture, you can display it on your device by selecting email pass or by viewing your reservation. Or you can print the pass at home or have the library print it for you. The paper pass does not need to be returned.
- Pass reservations will be limited to one per customer for school vacation weeks. The first limited reservation period is 4/15/17 – 4/22/17
What is a “No show”?
If you do not pick up your pass by the reserved date, it will constitute a “No Show.” If the reservation is canceled the day before or the day of the reserved date, it will also be considered a “No Show.” Because demand for passes is high, two “no shows” in a 60 day period may result in a 2 month block on museum pass reservations.
Can I cancel my reservations?
Reservations can be canceled up to two days before the reserved date. You can cancel online or by calling 856-234-7319. If the reservation is canceled the day before or the reserved date, it will be considered a “No Show.” Because demand for passes is extremely high, two “no shows” in a 60 day period may result in a 2 month block on museum pass reservations.
Do I need my library card to pick up the pass?
Yes, you will need to present the library card that you used when reserving the pass to pick it up.
What is the late fee or replacement fee?
The late fee for all passes is $25 a day. If a pass is lost or damaged, the replacement fee is $50.