Museum Passes at Mount Laurel Library
Sponsored by the Friends of Mount Laurel Library
Please Note: Pass reservations will be limited to one per customer for school vacation weeks.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, many museums the library partnered with have closed temporarily. The museums that can be visited are listed below, as well as specific changes to the process of obtaining a membership pass and then gaining access. The library will add museums to this list as more open in the coming months.
Reserve a pass:
List of Museums and Gardens:
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel – The academy now requires timed tickets. First, you will reserve and print out a pass using the links above and your library card, like before, then you will follow the instructions on the pass itself to reserve a specific time for that day, using the Academy’s website.
Battleship New Jersey – Reservation and checkout remains the same as before. Reserve a pass with the links above and pick it up at the library.
Elmwood Zoo – Reservation and checkout remains the same. Some locations and experiences have closed.
Morven Museum & Garden – Reservation and checkout remains the same. Museum safety procedures have altered the hours.
New Jersey State Parks – Reservation and checkout remains the same. Some parks within the system may close early on high visitation days and reopen as visitors leave.
Woodford Cedar Run – Reservation and checkout remains the same. Safety procedures limit total capacity to 15 persons at a time. If there is a line, please visit quickly.
Museum Pass Guidelines:
Who can check out a museum pass?
All adult Mount Laurel Library full-service cardholders, in good standing and over 18 years old, are eligible to check out a museum pass. Passes are on a first come, first served basis. Customers can have one pass out at a time.
How do I reserve a pass?
Passes can be reserved by calling the Circulation Desk at 856-234-7319 and pressing 3. After April 10, you may reserve online.
Is there a charge to reserve a pass?
There is no charge.
How many passes can I reserve a day/a month?
One museum pass can be reserved per day per card. Each museum can be reserved one time per month, and up to five different museums can be reserved in a calendar month.
How far in advance can I reserve a pass?
Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance.
How do I get the pass?
- Passes may be picked up at the library’s Circulation Desk beginning at 3PM the day prior to the reserved date and must be returned by 11AM the day after. For example: if the reserved date is Friday, the pass can be picked up beginning at 3PM on Thursday through closing on Friday and returned by 11AM on Saturday.
- Passes that are due on Sundays need to be returned by 12PM, when the library opens.
- If the library is closed on the pass’s due date, the pass will be due by 11AM the next day the library is open.
- Exception: The New York passes—Guggenheim, NY Transit Museum and MoMA—allow for two days of use. For example, a customer reserving the Guggenheim pass for Saturday will also have it for that Sunday, and the pass will be due back Monday
- Exception: The museums listed above that have the "printable" icon can be printed at home, or you can have the library print it for you. This paper pass does not need to be returned. You can also display the pass with your device when visiting the museum, by selecting email pass or by viewing your reservation.
- Pass reservations will be limited to one per customer for school vacation weeks.
What is a “No show”?
If you do not pick up your pass by the reserved date, it will constitute a “No Show.” If the reservation is canceled the day before or the day of the reserved date, it will also be considered a “No Show.” Because demand for passes is high, two “no shows” in a 60 day period may result in a 2 month block on museum pass reservations.
Can I cancel my reservations?
Reservations can be canceled up to two days before the reserved date. You can cancel online or by calling 856-234-7319. If the reservation is canceled the day before or the reserved date, it will be considered a “No Show.” Because demand for passes is extremely high, two “no shows” in a 60 day period may result in a 2 month block on museum pass reservations.
Do I need my library card to pick up the pass?
Yes, you will need to present the library card that you used when reserving the pass to pick it up.
What is the late fee or replacement fee?
The late fee for all passes is $25 a day. If a pass is lost or damaged, the replacement fee is $50.